Yes, the blog title is a reference to the incredibly morose David Gray song, which for me is thoroughly connected to missing my girlfriend. For reasons we are both struggling to remember (at this very moment) we are spending this year apart. So while I do not doubt our love shall last this year I am hoping this blog will also.
I shouldn’t set such a gloomy precedent. I will be using this blog to write (obviously), to find my writing voice, to share my year’s culinary adventures, to explore my own opinions about feminism, politics, art.
But to start…a recipe, because my priorities are thoroughly in order, I assure you.
My own adaptation of Nigella Lawson’s Gooey Chocolate Puddings with a gluten-free twist
Ingredients
3 large eggs
125 grams dark chocolate (I use Lindt- a mix of 70 and 85% cocoa)
125 grams of butter (her recipe calls for unsalted but I think salted is better- that sweet/salty thing)
2/3 cup of sugar
½ cup of hazelnut meal* **
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
Nigella says this serves four, sometimes it serves four, but sometimes it’s way too much. Last night I spread this over ten little ramekins and one was sufficient for mum…but I had two. So it just depends on your ramekin situation. However many you chose, grease them. It makes them easier to take out if there are leftovers so you can eat them cold the next day.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over water on the stove. While they are melting mix the other ingredients together in a separate bowl. Once the chocolate and butter is melted add it slowly to the other mixture. Divide amongst ramekins.
Now pop them in the oven. How long they will take depends upon how thick the ramekins are etc. So keep an eye on them, they could take 10 to 20 minutes. Last night they took 15 minutes.
Best served with double cream.
* I don’t know if you can buy hazelnut meal but I make it myself. Just toast some hazelnuts quickly in a fry pan till they brown a little. Then crush in mortar and pestle or food processor etc.
** Look at the Post-modernism in action, by changing one ingredient I am not plagiarising…I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment